Monday, July 10, 2006

Let's not be sexist - Bring Back Female Circumcision !

I struggle to see why female circumcision is illegal in South Africa, but male circumcision not!

With the amount of teenage deaths and disfigurations caused to young boys, I just don’t think it’s fair – that boys alone should suffer this ‘cultural’ practise.

Female circumcision has a long proud African history, lets not throw that all away because it’s maims and disfigures, hell that’s exactly what happens every year to boys in this country.

I was convinced equality before the law was guaranteed too all.

So stop with this crap of only being able to cut on boys…

Lets start circumcising females again! I suggest a public display on the female M3 Sodomites.

Initiation deaths 'undermine cultural practice'

Action is needed to stop deaths in initiation schools from ruining the custom, the Commission for the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities said on Monday.


"We cannot go on like this. One death is [a] loss too many for cultural communities ...," commission chairperson Mongezi Guma said in reaction to the deaths of at least 16 initiates and hospitalisation of several others in the Eastern Cape alone.

" ... These tragedies undermine the very essence of this historically tested cultural practice."

No comments: